March 1, 2016
Dear Lafayette Band Students and Parents,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 Lafayette High School Band! We are so pleased that you will be joining The Pride of the Bluegrass for an exciting season of music and marching. Planning for the upcoming year is already underway – our staff and guest instructors are preparing for spring mini-camps and summer band camp and the show is being specifically written, arranged, and designed for our students.
There are several items included in this mailing and they are essential for financial planning, providing volunteer opportunities, and ensuring the safety of each student.
- 2016-2017 Payment Agreement (orange paper) – to be returned by March 15, 2016
- LBA Membership Registration Form (red paper) – required to volunteer with LBA
- LBA Parent Volunteer Form (blue paper)
- Medical Authorization Form (pink paper) – Mandatory for students to participate in Band
- Over-the-Counter Medication Authorization Form (cream paper) – Must be signed by a physician and parent in order for student to receive OTC medications.
The forms are also available on the Lafayette Band website at www.lafayetteband.org
To reserve your place in the 2016 Lafayette Marching Band, please complete, sign and return the enclosed Lafayette Band Association Payment Agreement for 2016-17. The band payment for this year is $1,100. There are 3 payment schedules offered on the Payment Agreement:
- $1,000 for the Early Payment Schedule ($100 discount) – must be paid in full prior to May 15, 2016 and is only available if the current account balance is $0.
- $1,100 for the Standard Payment Schedule – must be paid in full by August 15, 2016.
- $1,250 for the Deferred Payment Schedule (includes a late payment of $150) – must be paid in full by November 15, 2016.
The commitment of time, talent, and finances is fundamental to a successful band year. All efforts begin with our students and their dedication to excellence in rehearsals and performances. For parents, the opportunities for our students require our commitment to volunteer opportunities, and responsibility of meeting financial obligations and fundraising goals.
- The band payments only cover 50% of the cost of the program. The rest is covered by fundraising projects and bingo throughout the year.
- The band budget includes all meals, snacks, and drinks during camps and all meals, snacks, drinks, and travel on competition weekends. Therefore, the students will have no additional expenses during travel and competition days.
- For example, it costs $1,000 to provide one meal to the band.
We look forward to an exciting year with The Pride of the Bluegrass. Please review the Payment Agreement and select your payment schedule, sign and return with first month’s payment by March 15, 2016. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.