“Pride of the Bluegrass”
Bourbon Co. 2019
(Contest begins at 1:30pm)
Saturday, Sept. 7
|7:30am||REHEARSAL – DON’T BE LATE, EAT BREAKFAST BEFORE YOU ARRIVE|
|10:00am||LUNCH SERVED AT SCHOOL, HAIR CHECK ,DO NOT LEAVE CAMPUS|
|12:00||DEPART FOR BOURBON CO.|
|4:00||AWARDS FOR PRELIMS|
|5:45||MANDATORY REST (PILLOW, BLANKET)|
|11:45||ARRIVE AT LAFAYETTE|
Remember to have your ride at the school following the contest.
Parents and Students — Carefully review these instructions:
- Bring money for gloves if needed. $8.00
- Have your band camp shirt to wear under your uniform.
- Wear long black socks – plain, no stripes! (It’s good just to keep an extra pair of socks in your bag)
- Bring the black shorts, deordorant, hand towel, wipes for your red bag.
- If there is a problem with your uniform, see a member of the uniform team.
- We always appear in public dressed in full uniform unless Mr. Smith or Mr. Bishop have informed the students otherwise.
All students have been instructed on how to prepare their hair.
**Students pack your red bags! See red bag contents below:
-CLEAN BLACK band shoes (**please make sure names are written in both shoes)
-Long, plain BLACK socks – 2 pairs
-Dark athletic shorts
-BLACK dry-fit band camp shirt (s)
-Hair grooming accessories
-Other personal hygiene products
– Contact lens solution
-Clothes to wear home
-Extra pair of underwear (optional)
Have class – YOU are the “PRIDE OF THE BLUEGRASS”®! Always support other performing groups! Refuse to say anything negative, no matter what might be said to you.