KMEA District 7 Honor Bands
March 7-9, 2019
Congratulations on your selection to the 2019 District 7 Honor Bands. These bands are select
ensembles that reflect the excellence of music education in our district. Your hard work and
talent have earned you the right to be invited to participate. Please pay close attention to each
of the items on this page to ensure that you fulfill your role in making these bands excellent!
Out of respect for each other, the music, and the conductors: take the time to prepare any solo
passages or technical moments in your music before the first rehearsal.
The Symphonic Band will be conducted by Dr. Scott Tobias, Director of Bands and Assistant
Professor of Music at West Virginia University. The Concert Band will be conducted by Dr.
Amy Acklin, Associate Director of Bands and Marching Band Director at the University of
All rehearsals will be at George Rogers Clark High School. Students will enter the building
using the band room entrance, located around back of the building. Look for the GRC Band
Semi Truck. Please adhere to the following guidelines throughout the weekend:
1. Have a pencil at every rehearsal
2. Take care of any personal needs before rehearsal (restroom, snack, etc.)
3. Do not bring cases, books, or magazines into the rehearsal setup. A storage area will be
4. Eat a large breakfast and bring a snack for Friday afternoon. School lunch will be
5. Do not bring food or drinks into the rehearsal spaces (keep your snacks put away).
6. Students may not leave campus for lunch.
7. Student must attend ALL rehearsals to perform on the concert.
Thursday, March 7 from 6 to 9pm Rehearsal
Friday, March 8 at 9:00 Arrive at GRC
9:30 to 5pm Rehearsal (Lunch time TBA)
• Symphonic Band will rehearse in the auditorium.
• Concert Band will rehearse in the library.
Saturday, March 9 9:30-10:30 Dress Rehearsal
• Symphonic Band will rehearse in the band room
• Concert Band will rehearse on stage
11am Concert in GRC Cardinal Theatre
12:30 Strike Stage, Load Equipment, Dismiss
• Please arrive dressed for the concert.
• Concert Band cases will be stored in the choir room and symphonic band cases will be
stored in the band room for the concert
• Concert Dress: Dress Black for all – black pants, black shirt, and black shoes for men.
Coat/tie optional. ANKLE/Full length black dress or black pants/black shirt for women.
Consult your band director if you have questions.
• Parents will not be permitted to enter the auditorium until 10:30 Saturday Morning.
• Questions? Ask your band director FIRST. Or, email email@example.com