1. The kids will need 2 bags. Their red bag with all the usual things, plus extra shirts, socks, deodorant, etc. and a small duffel bag or backpack as their luggage. Please no suitcases, they need to travel light. They only need their pajamas, change of clothes for Sunday, toiletries, and I would throw in a sweatshirt in case of cold weather. Please tag your overnight bag with their name on it as well as anything else you want labeled.
2. Their school backpacks need to be left in the band room, just please make sure they have everything out of it they may need, like cell phone.
3. They will need a sleeping bag and pillow. Blow up mattresses can be used but there may not be enough plugs to handle a lot of these.
4. Overnight bags at the green building need to be there by 7:45 Friday morning and red bags to the band room. If they want their pillow on the bus, put it with their red bag.
5. We encourage not to bring video games, consoles, etc. The kids need rest and sleep.
6. Your kids may want to bring snacks, please make sure they are nut free, we have a lot of nut allergies.
7. Parents are NOT allowed to visit kids in their rooms and vice versa. If you need your child, find a chaperone and they will bring the child to you in the lobby for a reasonable request.
8. There are going to be 2 performances, Prelims and Finals. Only the top 10 make finals and our first performance is at 10:30 am.
9. The location does not hold a lot of people and while you may want to see all performances, they ask that you give the afternoon folks a chance to see their bands perform. Let’s be courteous to those bands and if you see it’s getting full, let the other bands spectators have an opportunity to sit too.
10. Spectator parking is free
11. A day pass is $34, and you can pay online and do will call or buy at the gate. It’s cheaper than buying 2 separate tickets for prelims and then finals.
12. We plan on being back to Lafayette around 1:00 pm on Sunday, please make sure someone is there for pick up.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
Thanks and Go Pride of the Bluegrass!!
Lee Ann Myers, LBA President