Dear Lafayette Band Students and Parents,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 Lafayette High School Band! We are pleased that you will be joining The Pride of the Bluegrass for an exciting year of marching and concert music. Planning for the upcoming year is already underway – our staff and guest instructors are preparing for spring mini-camps and summer camp and a marching show specifically written, arranged, and designed for our students.
There are several items included in this mailing that are essential for financial planning, providing volunteer opportunities, and ensuring the safety of each marching and concert student.
- 2018-2019 Payment Agreement (orange paper) – to be returned by March 15, 2018
- LBA Membership Registration Form (blue paper) – required to volunteer with LBA
- LBA Parent Volunteer Form (green paper)
- Medical Authorization Form (yellow paper) – Mandatory for students to participate in Band
- Over-the-Counter Medication Authorization Form (cream paper) – Must be signed by a physician and parent in order for student to receive OTC medications
To reserve your place in the 2018 Lafayette Band, please complete, sign and return the enclosed Lafayette Band Association Payment Agreement for 2018-19. The marching band payment is $1,100 and the concert band only payment is $300. There are 3 payment schedules for marching band offered on the Payment Agreement:
- $1,000 for the Early Payment Schedule ($100 discount) – must be paid in full prior to May 15, 2018 and is only available if the current account balance is $0.
- $1,100 for the Standard Payment Schedule – must be paid in full by August 15, 2018.
- $1,250 for the Deferred Payment Schedule (includes a late payment of $150) – must be paid in full by November 15, 2018.
There are similar arrangements for the Concert Only payments (early discount, standard, and deferred payment).
Please note that even if you do not return the Payment Agreement, your student's participation obligates you to the payment. If your student qualifies for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program, please contact Mr. Smith by March 15, 2018 and provide the Notice of Approval received from the Child Nutrition Office.
All efforts for a successful year begin with our students and their dedication to excellence in rehearsals and performances. For parents, the opportunities for our students require us to fulfill our financial obligations and volunteer to help meet fundraising goals.
- The band payments only cover 50% of the cost of the program. The rest is covered by fundraising projects and bingo throughout the year.
- The band budget includes drinks and some snacks during camps and all meals, snacks, drinks, and travel on competition weekends. Therefore, the students will have no additional expenses during travel and competition days. (For example, it costs $1,000 to provide one meal to the band.)
A note for your student: Auditions for the 2018-2019 Lafayette Band are scheduled for April 24 – April 26 in the Lafayette music suite. All students must audition for placement in one of three concert bands and for part selection in the marching band. Check www.lafayetteband.org for audition music. The schedule is as follows:
- Woodwinds: Tuesday, April 24 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Percussion: Wednesday, April 25 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Brass: Thursday, April 26 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm
We look forward to an exciting year with The Pride of the Bluegrass. Please review the Payment Agreement and select your payment schedule, sign and return with first month’s payment by March 15, 2018. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Chuck W. Smith - Director of Bands - Chuck.firstname.lastname@example.org
Casie Clements - President, Lafayette Band Association - LBAPresident1@gmail.com
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD
AND VIEW THE FORMS FOR 2018 – 2019 BAND YEAR.
Please complete and return these materials to the address provided on each form. Watch the e-News for collection dates during the spring mini camps.